Participation in Local Government through ICT
I am currently working on a study into the Potential to Utilize Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) to Promote Inclusion, Public Participation and Accountability in Local Governance in South Africa.
Dear Reader, please take this survey:Attitude:
- What has your municipality done for you today? (Are you aware of the things your municipality is doing for you?)
- Do you know the name of your ward councillor? (YES/ NO)
- Does your municipality respond to your queries (written or telephonic), if you have any? (YES/NO)
- If you could easily find out what your municipality is planning for the next 5 years, would you bother to read the documentation? (YES/NO)
- Would you be more likely to read the plan, if your neighbourhood has its own section in the plan? (YES/NO)
- Would you be more likely to read a summary of say 5 pages? Or 1 page? (YES/NO)
- Would you like to be mayor for a day? (YES/NO)
- Do you think that you can help your municipality function better? (YES/NO)
- Would you like to be able to send SMS to your councillor and actually get a response? (YES/NO)
- If you use Twitter, would you follow your municipality? (YES/NO)
Your local government needs you, please respond.
Ron Wertlen [permalink]
February 17th 2011 07:14